Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Daddy's home!

I made it through the days Kyle was gone. Things went pretty smoothly, but I am SO THANKFUL to have him home! Monday night my sister and the girls stayed with me. They got here around 7, which is usually (give or take) when we start our bedtime routine. Flash forward several hours and two excited cousins later and the babies were overstimulated, and awake. Marshall finally went down around 11, and Presley went down at 10:45, only to wake up again 30 minutes later. My sister gave her a bottle and she went to sleep around midnight.

Catherine and the girls left a little before noon to head down to see my parents. I was sad their visit had to be short. :( My friend Lauren was going to stay with me, but she woke up with a fever and a cold. My surrogate offered to come over, but I decided to put on my big girl panties and do it myself.

The babies did awesome! They were so sweet all day Tuesday, napping good, eating well, and playing. I was going to do everything I could to have no stimulation, so around 6 we started listening to the music channels on the television. Kyle has discovered that Marshall and Presley love the blues. I put it on and we just chilled to the music. Around 8 I started their "bedtime meal", and at 8:45 they were both asleep. I put Marshal in his crib...usually not a problem...and he was passed out. I just knew that Presley was going to be a different story, but I thought might as well give it a try. I laid her down in bed and she didn't move a muscle...again! I ran to get ready for bed, which took about two minutes since I never got out of my pj's that day...don't judge...and got in bed, just waiting to hear one of them cry. All I heard was silence, and it was golden!

Marshall woke up again at midnight, then not again until 4:30. Presley didn't wake up AT ALL until 4:45! Unfortunately she didn't go back to bed till 6 because she was still hungry, but Marshall went right to sleep. Sarah and I were headed up to our school district to see the new junior high they built (my old principal and a bunch of coworkers went with her), and I wanted to make sure I got a shower. So I set my alarm for 7, got up, showered, had breakfast, and the babies woke up around 8:45 to eat. We had a good time seeing some of my old coworkers, then ran to Target. Now, this afternoon they were a little cranky, but daddy got home at 3:30 and mommy then took a 2 hour nap!

Now, just because last night went well doesn't mean that I am ready to handle 4 days and 3 nights on my own when Kyle is gone the next time. My mom is still on the schedule to come up and stay with us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment