Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I guess I'll try this again...

Yes, it's been 13 months since I last blogged, but life got in the way. I'm going to try and start blogging again, but I'm not promising anything. :) Here is what has gone on in the Nix Family the last year... -Moved to Lake Highlands (we L-O-V-E our neighborhood...think huge trees and people always out and about) -Two days after moving I got a job teaching 6th grade LA at a middle school on the east side of Plano (so far so good!) -Found the twins a school to go to that is pretty much perfect. Wonderful teachers, great hours, and 2.5 miles from my school. We love First Baptist Plano! -Labor Day weekend Kyle's brother Brett and his girlfriend Courtney got engaged...still not sure when/where the wedding will be though. -In October my sweet father-in-law lost his 14 month battle with brain cancer. We miss Popsie dearly. The twins know that Popsie is "with Jesus". -Kyle and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary in November. -We spent Thanksgiving with my family at my sister's house in Missouri. -We spent Christmas in Midland with Kyle's family. Unfortunately a few days after Christmas my Chihuahua, Cha Cha (who became my parent's dog 7 years ago) passed away. :( -In January I went to the George Strait concert in Oklahoma CIty with my sister, my mom, and my aunt. We had VIP tickets and it was AWESOME! -In February Kyle and Marshall went to the Monster Truck Jam at Cowboys Stadium with my nephew Grayson who is 3 months older than the twins. Marshall STILL talks about all the monster trucks he saw. -We got a guinea pig named Tex, but after 3 months I found him a new home. -I took the kids to my parents' house for Spring Break. -We spent Easter in Lubbock with Kyle's grandparents and his two sisters and their families. -Memorial Day weekend we went to our good friends' parents' ranch south of Abilene and had a blast! -I took the kids to my parents' house for a week over the Fourth of July. -We just got back from a week in Costa Rica!!!!!!! About the twins...well they are 3 and all over the place!!! Marshall is still into tractors/trucks/construction equipment, but now he has added super heroes to his list of loves. He has a cape and a mask that he loves to put on and run around the house. He is still my sweetheart, but in the past several months he has definitely become more rambunctious, i.e. trying to climb walls like Spiderman and jump off furniture. At his 3 year appt. he was 39.5 inches and 38 lbs...yep he is a big dude. I rarely get asked if they are twins anymore because he is 2 inches taller than Presley. Speaking of Miss Thing...she adores dressing up, playing with her dolls, playing pretend with anything (trucks are not excluded). She is a little sassafras and very stubborn. If she doesn't want to do something she will.not.do.it. Presley is extremely intelligent and numerous people (babysitters, strangers) have told us how smart she is. She loves to show off her knowledge, whereas Marshall could care less. He knows letters and stuff, but does not feel the need to tell you until randomly he will bust something out. They both love to sing (they learn songs at school) and play pretty well with each other (considering they are 3). So that is just a taste of what we have been up to. We are loving life in Dallas and feel blessed that this opportunity came our way! I am really hoping to do a better job blogging/documenting our life. :) Here are some pictures from this past year (not in order), hope you enjoy!

1 comment: