I'm also lucky to have a supportive husband, who has never once told me this year that I was crazy! :) He got up with me at night, even when he had to go to work in the morning. He listened to me cry on the phone when I was feeling down or stressed. He babysat the kids while I met up with friends. I could go on and on with all the ways he has helped me (and the twins for that matter) this past year. I could not have asked for a better husband and father to my children. I love you so much Kyle, and I am so thankful for how much you provide for our family. Thank you for working your tail off so that I could stay home this year with M and P. I will treasure this year for the rest of my life. :)
It's weird that Marshall and Presley are technically toddlers, and not babies anymore! They are both walking, although Marshall walks more than Presley. Up until last weekend, Marshall would take several steps at a time but nothing that was long. Presley, even on Saturday, showed no interest in walking. Being the princess that she is, she just wanted to be held. :) I guess being around their cousin Grayson (who is 3 months older) helped boost their walking desire, because last Sunday morning Marshall walked across the living room, and then did it several more times! By the end of the day he was trying to walk more than crawl. Now he wants to walk everywhere! Sunday afternoon, after all the family had left, Presley walked across the living room to Kyle! She had taken maybe one or two steps before, but this was a long walk! Then she did it over and over again! She is determined because she will be crawling, then will stop...stand up...get her balance...then walk to you. If she falls on her bottom she will get right back up and keep trying over and over till she gets tired. Marshall on the other hand, will mainly start off walking from a stationary object like a piece of furniture. Anyway, they are improving every day and I am so proud of them!
Marshall will still eat pretty much anything you give him, but Presley has become a picky eater. She has slimmed down lately because she is so active. Here are their stats from their 12 month check up:
Marshall: 24 lbs 8 oz, 31.25 inches
Presley: 22 lbs, 10 oz, 30.25 inches
We all thought that Marshall would weigh a lot more than that, he is so heavy! They are growing like little weeds!
This sounds dumb, I'm sure, but I feel like ever since they turned 1, they are acting more like toddlers. Even in just one week I feel like they have changed and seem more grown up.
Marshall and Presley, you have given me more joy this past year then I have ever felt before. It wasn't easy, and I know I made mistakes, but I have cherished EVERY second I've had with you (even when I was having a mental melt down)! I hope some day you will be proud to call me your mommy, because I am more than proud of what you have accomplished in just your first year of life. I love you more then you will ever know and that I could possibly put into words.
I didn't take the "12 month" sticker pictures because honestly, it is such a beating to try and get them still, facing me, looking at me, and not looking like they are miserable. :) So instead here are some pictures from their actual birthday.


No comments:
Post a Comment