Sunday, September 26, 2010

Birthday weekend

This weekend brought a lot of first times for us. My friend Elizabeth had her bachelorette party in Horseshoe Bay, and I went down there for the night on Friday...meaning my first time away from the twins! I teared up as I left, then started crying when I walked in the door. I was not prepared for all the emotion I felt leaving them for 24 hours. I am so glad I went, and I had a lot of fun. It was definitely a much needed "rejuvenation". First #2 was that Kyle had the babies by himself for longer than 5 hours for the first time. His mom, Bekah, and sister, Nikki drove in from Midland Friday night to visit the twins and help Kyle take care of them. It had been 2 months since they had last seen the babies, so it was a much overdue twin fix for them! Saturday was my 31st birthday and Bekah and Nikki offered to babysite while Kyle and I went out to have a nice birthday dinner (Kyle's birthday is October 1st). So first #3 was he and I going on a nice dinner date! We came back from dinner and they had hung banners, gotten flowers and a balloon, and made me a birthday key lime pie. It was so sweet and meant a lot to me that I was able to celebrate with them. This afternoon Bekah made a delicious lunch of roast, potatoes and carrots, and brussel sprouts...and we had the key lime pie of course! We put Marshall and Presley in their Chicco clip on chairs for the first time and they did really good. They looked so cute!

Kyle is going to Austin again this week till Wednesday. My mom is coming up to stay with us and watch the twins while I get a mammogram...don't worry it's just a routine one. Next weekend is another birthday weekend as Kyle will be 31 on Friday. Then TX/OU is on Saturday! The twins are going to wear their super cute smocked UT outfits for the game (that we are watching at the house).

Here are pictures of them in their chairs and with Aunt Nikki and Mammaw. The picutre of Presley is in onesie is special because we got that for my surrogate when she was pregnant with her daughter, and now she passed it down to Presley. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment