Saturday, November 13, 2010

Katy Trip

As I said in my previous post, the twins and I went to Katy to visit my parents for a week. Normally it's a 4 hour drive from Fort Worth, but with twins...let's just say the trip is longer. The original reason for us to go to Houston was to attend my friend Elizabeth's wedding. I decided just to stay in Houston for several days after the wedding and have an extended visit with my parents, and so some of my friends could see M and P. Kyle needed to work a full day Friday, so I was going to leave Thursday, since we would take separate cars anyway. Then I started thinking...how am I going to manage the twins by myself? There would be no one to climb back and keep them entertained when they get bored (so they don't cry), and how in the heck would I go to the bathroom? I'd have to put the babies in their stroller, first removing all the crap on top of it, and pull over into a place that had good restrooms, and pray to God they had a handicap stall big enough for our double stroller...daunting to say the least! I decided that I would put on my big girl panties and just do it. So what if it took us 8 hours to get there? I had nothing else to do. My dad called me on Tuesday and asked if it would help me if he drove Thursday morning and met me in Waco, then followed me so that when I needed to stop I had a helping hand...um yes!!! It was SO helpful to have him even if it was just for something as simple as staying in the car with the babies while I run in to the restroom.

Friday my mom and I took the twins to their first visit to the park! There is a park right by their house so we strolled the babies over. It was pretty windy and they aren't used to that. Mom put Presley in the baby swing, and she seemed to like that for a little bit. Marshall wanted nothing to do with it! So I went over and got on the adult swing and put him in my lap, which he loved! They we headed over to the slide. I took both of them down individually and I think they were pretty indifferent about it, again I think the wind was distracting them.

Saturday Kyle drove in from Fort Worth, and my friend Ryan from high school came over with his girlfriend, Amber, to meet the babies. My parents baby sat the twins while Kyle and I went to Elizabeth's wedding. We had a great time and it was so fun to see all my girlfriends!

Sunday Kyle drove back, it was sad to see him go. That evening my friend Melissa from high school came over to see M and P.

Monday I went over to my friend Nicole's house for a play date with her son Tyler, who is a month older than the twins. It was cute to see them all interact, and even though Tyler had never been around babies before, they were all so cute together!

Tuesday my other friend Melissa from high school came over, and I took the babies on 2 separate walks, they were a tad fussy and they love to be outside.

Wednesday my best friend Amanda came over in the early evening to play with the twins, and then after we put them to bed, she and I went to dinner and had some much needed one on one time. I wish she lived closer!

Thursday we packed up and headed home, this time my mom following me to help. She ended up following me to Hillsboro and then turned around and went home. Again...such a life saver!

So as you can see we were very busy! I feel like from the time we got there, to the time we left, the babies grew up a little. They were sitting up so well by the time we left, and I swear they gained a pound in one week! It was a wonderful visit and I am very happy that I got to see so many friends and just relax with my parents. :)

Some of "the girls" at Elizabeth's wedding



Going down the slide



I'm not so sure about this...



Marshall needs some shades



Weeeee!



Such a happy girl!



Hanging with Papi



We love Aunt Amanda (so does Cha Cha)



Helping Nana with emails



Play date with Tyler and Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment