This past week I had GT training Monday through Thursday all day, so the twins went to the in home day care they will be going to when I go back to work in August. Let me tell you how much anxiety I had last weekend! It's not that I don't trust their caretaker, or was worried about that in any way. I was leaving my babies...all day! Monday morning I was only a little teary eyed, surprisingly. I think it's because I cried already last weekend. :) She texted me during the day to let me know how they ate and napped (first day the nap was very short). There are 5 other kids that she watches and M and P fit in perfectly. There is a boy who is 18 months and Marshall is bigger than he is! Presley has made a bff in this precious 2 year old girl who gave the twins hugs every morning when they got there. Tuesday through Thursday they napped much better, and every day when I picked them up they came over and gave me a hug, then went back to playing with their toys! It was pretty obvious they had a great time there, and they love their babysitter. She is wonderful, and exactly what I wanted! The main issue that worried me was the naps, for a couple of reasons. For one, they are used to two naps a day and there they only take one nap between 11:30-2. Another thing was at day care each child sleeps on a little cot, and M and P have only slept in cribs or pack n plays...contained! I just knew they were going to run around and disturb other kids instead of sleeping. Well believe it or not...they never got up from their cot!!! She laid them down and they pretty much went right to sleep! I couldn't be more thrilled at how well they did and I know next year is going to be great! :)
Yay! I'm so glad that you can have a little peace knowing that those sweet babies are in good hands and that they love where they are! Such a burden to lift off of your shoulders!
ReplyDelete