My little munchkins are getting bigger a.k.a. "filling out" every day. I am probably jinxing myself by writing this, but they are really good babies. They love to eat. The phrase I always use, "I'm about to eat my arm"...definitely applies to Marshall and Presley. When they are hungry they immediately stick their fist in their mouth and just go to town. It's hilarious to listen to!
I was talking to my mom last night during one of the feedings, and I got teery-eyed. No, not from a lack of sleep, but in amazement. I can't believe that my babies were conceived in a petri dish three years ago, and survived being frozen for two and a half years, then being thawed out, then being transferred into Sarah's tummy, then being in her tummy for 8.5 months...and they are 100% healthy and normal! It really leaves me speechless when I think about what fighters they already are, but that runs in the family. :)
They both have really calm, but cool of course, personalities. Marshall likes to sleep for about an hour in his crib after night feedings, then he gets fussy and wants to sleep on your chest. So half of the night we are sleeping on the couch, which is totally fine with me because I love that one-on-one time.
Am I exhausted? Yes. Does it bother me? Not one bit. However in a few more months when the newness has worn off, all the visitors have left, and I am complaining about my lack of sleep, I can read this post and remember this euphoric state of bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment