Marshall has been battling a stomach virus since Thursday, poor guy! We aren't sure where he picked it up, maybe the pediatrician's office. If he isn't having poopies, he is throwing up. He seemed to be getting better, but yesterday he went two steps back. He slept on my chest last night, but only slept in about 30 minute intervals between fussing and having stomach cramps. Today is when the throwing up really started. So now we are strictly on Pedialyte throughout the evening, and if doesn't get better we have to go to the doctor in the morning.
So you can imagine that today was a little rough! Marshall wanted to be held constantly and didn't nap very much. Presley wanted to eat at the same time Marshall did, and by 5:30 this evening I guess she had had enough of me not paying attention to her, and she joined the "I just want to be held club". Thankfully Daddy arrived home soon after and I was able to take a nap while he watched over the babies. Finally, around 9:30 I was able to get out of my pj's from last night that had been peed on and thrown up on about 15 times, and take a shower. It felt glorious I have to say!
If I didn't have another baby that needed my attention, it wouldn't be so bad. Thankfully, Presley goes about 4 hours between feedings, so that helps. Plus, she is pretty laid back.
So tonight, instead of eating every 2 hours, we will be having delicious, unflavored, Pedialyte every 45 minutes. :)
It sounds stupid, but I forgot about the sickness aspect of babies. Having twins is difficult, but when one is sick (and hopefully not both) it is MUCH harder! You already have to divide your time between the two babies, but it's hard when you can't do that equally. I feel bad for Presley, but then I look at her smiling and relaxing in her boppy, and remind myself that she is perfectly happy. And if she isn't, well that is too bad for a few minutes, because Momma HAS to wash bottles and wash some burp cloths since her brother has gone through the entire stock in a morning! :)
Koala
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment