Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Road trip and Hearts Day

We went to Midland this past weekend and had such a good time! Friday night after we put the babies to bed, I went out to dinner with my friend, Stori, and my sister-in-law Nikki. It was much needed girl time! We talked about everything under the sun, and were at the restaurant for about two hours. Good food, good friends, and good wine! Saturday the weather was gorgeous! The twins played outside with Aunt Nikki and Uncle David's dogs, Lola and Schultz. Presley just laughs hysterically at them, but it took Marshall a little bit to warm up. Nikki, David, and I took the babies and the dogs across the street to the park. M and P love to swing! I took Marshall down the slide and almost busted my behind getting into the slide (it was enclosed) and then getting up at the end (due to the enclosure I had to lay down with him)! We all met Aunt Alli, Uncle Casey, and Grayson for a late lunch. I was so proud of the twins...it was way passed their lunch time (we fed them there)and nap time but they were still so well behaved. Later that night we all had a big Greek dinner prepared by Carl, my mother in law's boyfriend. We had gyros (with goat shot at Kyle's family ranch) and Greek salad. Yummy! For dessert we had peanut butter brownie goodness that was made by my step daughter, Carter. I've mentioned it before, but she is seriously such a good baker! She is 11 and does everything herself! She wants to open a sweets shop some day and I have no doubt it will be a hit. Those brownies were seriously like heaven in my mouth! They were good for breakfast the next day too. :) Sunday afternoon we came home, sad to have to leave. The visits are always too short!

For Valentine's Day, Kyle took the twins and I on a date to Wasabi, our favorite sushi restaurant, which is conveniently right by our house. Of course we went at 5:00 so the babies wouldn't ruin anyone's V-Day dinner. Everything went well, and we even got two compliments on how well behaved they were!!! It's so nice to hear that because in your mind they might be behaving well, but to other people they might be acting like little hellions! We gave them some brown rice towards the end because they were getting fussy and we had already fed them the food I brought for their dinner. Let me tell you...sticky brown rice + Presley = a very funny sight! It was stuck to her hands and she would rub her head so of course it got all in her hair and everywhere else. I stopped trying to get it out because I knew it was a lost cause. Needless to say, we were THAT family that looked like a food bomb had exploded underneath our table. :)

Yesterday and today I took the babies on a walk, the weather is gorgeous!!! I can't wait till it's dresses and flip flops season!!!





1 comment:

  1. I know I say this all the time BUT Presley looks sooo much like you and Marshall looks like KYLE (sorry April).

    They are really developing their toddler features. I need to see them so I can squeeze them before they can run away from me :)

    ReplyDelete